- The Cornell Political Theory Workshop
- Where: Most sessions will be held at 4:45pm in A.D. White House Room 201. Please contact Vijay Phulwani for more information or to be added to the email list.
- Co-sponsored by Africana Studies and Latina/o Studies.
- American Studies Program and Society for the Humanities.
- “A Contempt More Fatally Expressed: Consent and Non-Cooperation in Thoreau’s Political Thought”
- Who: Alexander Livingston (Cornell University)
- When: October 2nd
- “Law in Hiding: Market Principles and Mistaken Hierarchies in International Law”
- Who: Odette Lineau (Cornell University)
- When: October 9th
- “Technologies of Modernization: Empathy, Reflexivity, and Translation in Survey Research”
- Who: Begum Adalet (Ithaca College)
- When: October 23rd
- “Angela Y. Davis: Abolitionism, Democracy, Freedom”
- Who: Neil Roberts (Williams College)
- When: October 30th
- Where: White Hall 104
- “Hannah Arendt and the Laboring Body”
- Who: Patchen Markell (University of Chicago)
- When: November 20th